MAGNATONE
Model Search
Select Category
MAGNATONE
Amplifiers previously built in California between the 1940s and 1960s.
Magnatone was originally founded as the Dickerson Brothers in Los Angeles, California circa 1937. The company began building phonographs, lap steels, and amplifiers. In 1947, the company changed its name to Magna Electronics. They produced many amplifiers, but wanted a guitar to accompany it. In the early 1950s, they jumped on the bandwagon and began producing electric Spanish hollow-body guitars, which were designed by Paul Bigsby. In 1959, Magna merged forces with Estey Electronics. In 1966, Magnatone moved to Pennsylvania from Torrance. Magnatone continued to produce amplifiers in California during the 1950s and 1960s until Magnatone was bought out by a toy company in 1971.

From Blue Book Publications:


No part of this information may be reproduced in any form whatsoever, by photograph, mimeograph, fax transmission or any other mechanical or electronic means. Nor can it be broadcast or transmitted, by translation into any language, nor by electronic recording or otherwise, without the express written permission from the publisher.