NOBLE
Model Search
Select Category There are no categories for this manufacturer
NOBLE
Instruments previously produced in Italy circa 1950s to 1964. Production then shifted to Japan circa 1965 to 1969. Distributed by Don Noble and Company of Chicago, IL.
Don E. Noble, accordionist and owner of Don Noble and Company (importers), began business importing Italian accordions. By 1950, Noble was also importing and distributing guitars (manufacturer unknown). In 1962 the company began distributing EKO and Oliviero Pigini guitars, and added Wandre instruments the following year.
In the mid-1960s, the Noble trademark was owned by importer/distributor Strum 'N Drum of Chicago. The Noble brand was then used on Japanese-built solid body electrics (made by Tombo) through the late 1960s.
When the Valco/Kay holdings were auctioned off in 1969, Strum 'N Drum bought the rights to the National trademark. Strum 'N Drum began importing Japanese-built versions of popular American designs under the National logo, and discontinued the Noble trademark during the same time period. Source: Michael Wright, Vintage Guitar Magazine.

From Blue Book Publications:


No part of this information may be reproduced in any form whatsoever, by photograph, mimeograph, fax transmission or any other mechanical or electronic means. Nor can it be broadcast or transmitted, by translation into any language, nor by electronic recording or otherwise, without the express written permission from the publisher.