BREEDLOVE
Model Search
Select Category
BREEDLOVE
Instruments currently built in Bend, OR, Korea, Japan, and China. Distributed by the Breedlove Guitar Company of Bend, OR. Breedlove has been producing guitars since 1990.
Kim Breedlove was inspired to build guitars while on a six-month surfing trip in Mexico during the 1970s. Kim had a strong art background, and he used that with the tools and experience he gathered to build guitars. Breedlove is known for building guitars with beautiful woods and stunning inlay work. Breedlove and Steve Henderson came together in 1990 to form Breedlove Guitars and moved to the Pacific Northwest. They worked as a custom-shop style factory until about 1995, when they started to offer more standard production models. In 2004, they turned their main models into strictly custom shop orders and introduced the Atlas Series. These guitars are hand built in Korea and inspected upon their arrival in the U.S. They also produce a line of mandolins. In 2007, the first chambered electric Breedlove guitars were introduced (see the Blue Book of Electric Guitars). In 2008, the Pro/Roots Series was introduced, and these guitars are 60% built in the U.S. and the remaining 40% built between Korea, Japan, and/or China. Currently their president and CEO is Peter Newport, and the vice president is Kim Breedlove. In late 2010, Breedlove joined forces with Two Old Hippies. For more information, visit Breedlove's website or contact them directly.

From Blue Book Publications:


No part of this information may be reproduced in any form whatsoever, by photograph, mimeograph, fax transmission or any other mechanical or electronic means. Nor can it be broadcast or transmitted, by translation into any language, nor by electronic recording or otherwise, without the express written permission from the publisher.