GOWER
Model Search
Select Category
GOWER
Instruments previously produced in Nashville, TN between 1955 and the 1960s.
Luthier J.W. Gower began building custom acoustic and electric guitars out of his garage in 1955. His son Randy would later come on to work with him as they began to mass-produce an acoustic line of guitars. In the mid-1960s, Gower, Billy Grammer, and Clyde Reid formed a partnership (RG&G) to build a good acoustic guitar at a fair price. Gower built the first prototype and many of this family members also worked at the Grammar factory. By 1967, Gower had left Grammer to work on his own guitars. It is unknown how long Gower produced guitars after he left Grammer.

From Blue Book Publications:


No part of this information may be reproduced in any form whatsoever, by photograph, mimeograph, fax transmission or any other mechanical or electronic means. Nor can it be broadcast or transmitted, by translation into any language, nor by electronic recording or otherwise, without the express written permission from the publisher.